We are pleased to announce that Vince Cronin will be the 2022-2023 Richard H. Jahns Distinguished Lecturer! To find out more about Vince's lecture topics and how to contact Vince to schedule a talk, check out the Jahns Lecturer webpage.
Congratulations to the 2022-2023 EEGD Management Board
- Chair – Arpita Nandi (East Tennessee State University)
- First Vice-Chair – Francis Rengers (U.S. Geological Survey)
- Second Vice-Chair – Anne Youberg (Arizona Geological Survey)
- Secretary/Treasurer – W. Paul Burgess (California Geological Survey)
- Student Representative – Kathryn Smith (Dalhousie University)
- Thanks to our Past Chair, Thomas Oommen (Michigan Tech) for his dedication to the Division over the past four years!
Congratulations to the 2022 EEGD Award Winners
- Distinguished Practice – Abdul Shakoor (Kent State University)
- Meritorious Service – Robert Mitchell (Western Washington University)
- E.B. Burwell Award – Carey, J.A., Pinter, N., Pickering, A.J., Prentice, C.S., and Delong, S.B., 2019, Analysis of Landslide Kinematics Using Multi-temporal Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Imagery, La Honda, California; Environmental & Engineering Geoscience, 25 (4): 301–317. (link)
- Richard H. Jahns Distinguished Lectureship (2022-2023) – Vincent S. Cronin (Baylor University - emeritus)
- Student award: Shelmon Scholarship and Meeting Awards –
- Scholarship: Cissy Ming, Virginia Tech
- Scholarship: Lauren Miller, Colorado School of Mines
- Meeting: Miguel E. Valencia, Florida International Univ.
- Meeting: Cade J. Orchard, University of Georgia
- Meeting: Marjean Cone, University of Georgia
- Meeting: Isabelle Harris, Colorado School of Mines