We are pleased to announce that Richard Wooten will be the 2021-2022 Richard H. Jahns Distinguished Lecturer! To find out more about Rick's lecture topics and how to contact Rick to schedule a talk, check out the Jahns Lecturer webpage.
Congratulations to the 2021-2022 EEGD Management Board
- Chair – Thomas Oommen (Michigan Tech)
- First Vice-Chair – Arpita Nandi (East Tennessee State University)
- Second Vice-Chair – Francis Rengers (U.S. Geological Survey)
- Secretary/Treasurer – Anne Youberg (Arizona Geological Survey)
- Student Representative – Kathryn Smith (Dalhousie University)
- Thanks to our Past Chair, Robert Mitchell (Western Washington University) for his dedication to the Division over the past four years!
Congratulations to the 2021 EEGD Award Winners
- Distinguished Practice – William Page (Pacific Gas & Electric Company)
- Meritorious Service – Anne Carter Witt (Virginia Department of Mines, Minerals and Energy, Division of Geology and Mineral Resources)
- E.B. Burwell Award – Hatheway, A.W. and Speight, T.B., 2018, Manufactured Gas Plant Remediation: A Case Study; CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, 1084 p.
- Richard H. Jahns Distinguished Lectureship (2021-2022) – Richard Wooten (North Carolina Geological Survey (retired))
- Student award: Shelmon Scholarship and Meeting Awards – Adrienne Stephens, Portland State University; award: $5500; Evaluation of Cementation in Pleistocene Paleodune Deposits of the Central Oregon Coast