Make the Most of Your Event
Due to the proximity of the event, the online space request system has been closed. We look forward to seeing you in Seattle!
The meeting will kick off with the 2017 Seattle Icebreaker on Saturday, 21 October, from 5-7 p.m. The Exhibit hall opening is scheduled for Sunday, 22 October, from 5-7 p.m. [Schedule At-A-Glance]
Event Space | Event Listing Submissions
- Required to reserve meeting room for non-tech events (business meetings, luncheons, receptions, alumni receptions, etc.) held at the Washington State Convention Center (WSCC) or Sheraton Seattle Hotel
- Required to have your event listed in the program book, mobile app or scheduler (applies to all “off site” events)
- For events assigned by GSA, you will either be assigned a room at the WSCC or Sheraton Seattle. All other event locations are considered “off site” and you are responsible for making all of those arrangements/reservations.
Steps to help you get started:
- Key information needed includes the date of your event along with the start/end time, approximate number of people and the room set needed. We will not know if we have space available until we have this key information!
- Select your EVENT PLANNER (person that will make all the arrangements for your event and receive all communication regarding the event) and your ON-SITE CONTACT (person responsible during the event). Many times the EVENT PLANNER and ON-SITE CONTACT at your organization will be the same person.
- When submitting, you can select “private event” if you do not want your event listed anywhere – will not be listed in the program book, web site, personal scheduler or mobile app.
- Submit your request and pay the space request fee ($85 to $200/room/day depending on profit vs. non-profit organizations). No fee for event listings only/off-site events.
Unsure if you have missed a deadline? Here are the CRITICAL DATES
- 6 June: Event space | event listing deadline – submit by this date to receive the best meeting room availability and to make sure your event is included in the printed program book
- Early June: Room assignment notifications will be sent out via email to the EVENT PLANNER for your event
- 13 July: Catering, internet and audiovisual orders should be submitted
- 31 August: Last date to submit a request for the event space|event listing. The earlier you submit your request the lower the fees; the more options for meeting rooms; and opportunity to have your event listed in the program book and GSA web site.
Need More Information?
Event Space |
Event Listing Guide This guide (pdf) includes a breakdown of fees, alumni reception information and answers to all FAQ’s.
Catering and AV Pricing
- For AV pricing do not forget to include service fee, tax and labor set up.
- All catering prices are for 2016 and when budgeting for 2017 please add a 3%-5% increase in the 2016 pricing. Confirmed pricing for 2017 will be available in June. All catering prices at the Washington State Convention Center have been confirmed as published.
- As of 1 April 2017 the service charge will increase to 25% and tax to 10.1% at the Sheraton Seattle Hotel