Gather up these important travel documents before you leave for Canada:
- Update, renew or apply for a passport (Please note: If possible, you should renew your passport 9 months before it expires. You may have problems entering Canada if your passport expires within 6 months of travel date.);
- Obtain a Visa if it is required;
- Print out this Canadian customs letter of recognition to travel with and present when arriving at customs in Vancouver;
- Print out this GSA invitation letter of support to travel with and present when arriving at customs in Vancouver;
- Copy down the physical address of where you will be staying in Vancouver during the conference; and
- Be aware that customs officers may ask you if you have enough money for both your stay in Canada and for your return home.
Additional items that Canadian customs can inquire about upon arrival can be found at the Government of Canada website.