Pardee Keynote Symposia
The accepted abstracts all have a home and the program schedule is now determined. You may now browse/search the schedule of abstracts and sessions online.
DISCIPLINE SESSIONS group abstracts submitted to a particular discipline category so that workers in these areas can combine their expertise to create broad, comprehensive sessions.
TOPICAL SESSIONS, as the name implies, are focused on specific topics to encourage an exchange of multidisciplinary science.
SPECIAL SESSIONS are typically four hours long. The session chairs have few boundaries on what they are able to schedule in these sessions. If this piques your curiosity, plan on attending a session during the meeting.
PARDEE KEYNOTE SYMPOSIA represent cutting-edge, interdisciplinary science and address broad, fundamental geoscience issues and/or areas of public policy. Speakers in these sessions are leaders in their fields. These symposia are named in honor of GSA Fellow and benefactor Joseph Thomas Pardee (1871–1960) via a bequest from Mary Pardee Kelly. Pardee is best known for his work on Glacial Lake Missoula.
DIGITAL POSTERS: Four topical sessions are accepting digital poster presentations this year: T26, T100, T109, and T119. Due to the costs of Internet and monitors, the fee to submit an abstract to these sessions is US$80.
Key Things You Need to Know
NEW SESSION HOURS:
All sessions will run 8 a.m.– noon or 1–5 p.m., with a poster hall beer reception 5–6:30 p.m. Mon.–Wed.
- You will be provided one horizontal, freestanding display board ~8′ wide × ~4′ high.
- Sunday: Posters will be scheduled to be posted 9 a.m.–5 p.m., with authors present 3–5 p.m.
- Monday–Wednesday: Posters will be scheduled to be posted 9 a.m.–6:30 p.m., with authors present during the afternoon beer reception, 5–6:30 p.m. In addition, each presenter is encouraged to be present for one hour in the morning and one hour in the afternoon.
- Velcro is provided at no charge for hanging your display.
- Each poster booth will have access to half of a 6 foot, 30 inch wide table, to be shared with the booth directly behind you.
- Electricity will be available at no charge to your poster area. Please bring your own extension cord.
NEW hours for poster (including digital) presentations:
Sun., 9 a.m.–5 p.m., with authors present 3–5 p.m.; Mon.–Wed., 9 a.m.–6:30 p.m., with authors present during the afternoon beer reception, 5–6:30 p.m. Presenters are also encouraged to be present for one hour in the morning and one hour in the afternoon.
Digital Poster Presenters:
- One horizontal, freestanding 8 feet × 4 feet display board along with Velcro for hanging a poster;
- A monitor (~40 to 46 inch) on a 6 foot × 30-inch table;
- Electricity for your laptop (bring your own laptop); and
- A VGA cable along with sound. Mac Users: Bring your own white dongle.
- Digital Poster Sessions: T26, T100, T109, T119
- The normal length of an oral presentation is 12 minutes, plus three minutes for questions and answers.
- You must visit the Speaker Ready Room at least 24 hours before your scheduled presentation.
- All technical session rooms are equipped with a PC.
The deadline for abstracts submission was Tuesday, 6 August 2013.