Invite a Colleague

The excitement is building; Be a part of the celebration!

Encourage your colleagues to submit abstracts for the historic 125th Anniversary Annual Meeting in Denver.

Copy and paste this message into an e-mail to your colleagues. Feel free to tailor it to work best for you, and don't forget to insert the names!

Dear [ insert recipient's name ]

I'm an active member of The Geological Society of America. We are currently in the process of developing the technical program for the Society's 125th Anniversary annual meeting, which will be held in Denver, Colorado, 27-30 October 2013. I think your work could be an important addition and I'd like to encourage you to submit an abstract.

To give you some background, GSA is a broad, unifying scientific society with 25,000 members. (Visit www.geosociety.org for more on the Society.) We expect 8000+ geoscientists representing all disciplines to attend the annual meeting during this historic celebratory year. Please view the submission guidelines and access session descriptions at http://community.geosociety.org/2013AnnualMeeting/Sessions.

You can submit your abstract online at gsa.confex.com/gsa/2013AM/cfp.epl. The abstract fee is US$45 for professionals and US$25 for students. If you are interested in submitting a Digital Poster to Topical Sessions 26, 100, 109, or 119, the abstracts fee for digital posters is US$80.

The deadline for submitting your abstract is 6 August 2013.

I'd be happy to talk with you about the meeting and answer any questions you might have regarding your decision to participate.

We're looking forward to a great technical program in Denver. I hope you'll be part of it.

Best regards,
[ insert your name ]