GSA TV

GSA logo
WebsEdge TV

The Geological Society of America is partnering with the international film and broadcasting company, WebsEdge, to bring GSA TV to this year’s 125th Anniversary Annual Meeting from 27-30 October 2013 in Denver, Colorado.

GSA TV will be an onsite conference television channel featuring a new episode daily, screened online, around the venue, as well as on a dedicated television channel in selected guest hotel rooms.

This venture serves to raise the visibility of the hard work of earth scientists and to provide an opportunity to learn about leading edge research and development that is advancing our understanding of the Earth’s Systems.

Features

Each daily program has two features: “Thought Leadership” and “Conference News.” Thought Leadership pieces are five-minute sponsored film segments highlighting scientific excellence and case studies from the global geoscience community. Conference News is a daily program of conference highlights, featuring “behind the scenes” interviews, coverage of conference events, and reactions to the day from attendees.

WebsEdge will be reaching out to organizations to describe the “Thought Leadership” program and seek their engagement in creating the five-minute documentary-style films profiling particular aspects of their work.

There are a limited number of spots available for the five-minute films. If you would like to explore having a film featured in the program, please contact WebsEdge’s Director of Sales, Mark Rose, mark@websedge.com

To view a selection of conference news and featured films from similar programs produced by WebsEdge, please visit:
    • National Council for Science and the Environment (NCSE)
    • American Physical Society

Testimonial

Dear WebsEdge

I am writing to express my appreciation and gratitude for the excellent work done by WebsEdge in producing the recent video for NOAA. We were delighted with the film that WebsEdge produced for the National Council for Science and the Environment (NCSE). I received lots of positive feedback from viewers who said they enjoyed watching it and that they learned some things about NOAA they hadn't known before. Many people hadn't realized the extent of NOAA's science and services portfolio to help planner, decision makers and policy leaders address extremes of weather, climate, and the environment.

Working with WebsEdge video producers was totally a pleasure. You made what I know to be a very complicated process (shooting, filming, scriptwriting, editing, etc.) easy and almost effortless for me. I also appreciated how you were able to work so rapidly and still allow time for iteration with NOAA scientists and me to help ensure accuracy and consistency with our branding objectives.

Since its publication, we have found additional ways of using the film to help raise public awareness of NOAA's data products and information services -- in NOAA's exhibit booths at conference, in presentations, and online via our website and YouTube channel. The public faces real challenges due to extreme events and this film is helping NOAA to fulfill its mission of engaging the public and our partners in ways that help them make more informed decisions as they manage climate-related risks and opportunities. Overall, the film is helping NOAA as a trust source of weather and climate data and information services.

Thank you for your help and expertise in producing such an excellent film about NOAA.

with best regards,

David Herring
Director of Communications & Education
NOAA Climate Program Office
www.climate.gov